Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship (Level 3)
The Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship is delivered alongside the TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Care as a work-based route towards developing professionally competent Care staff. The award of the apprenticeship signifies recognition of competence in the role and enables progression to higher level skills development.
The Apprenticeship includes:
- Learning within the workplace
- The 15 standards set out in the Care Certificate (signed off by the employer)
- Development of new Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours (KSBs)
Apprentices completing this programme will receive:
- Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- Level 3 Diploma in Care
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths/English (as required)
Apprentices will undertake a programme of study in a suitable care setting and complete the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate, as part of a high-quality induction programme. The 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate, build on the previous Common Induction Standards and National Minimum Training Standards. The Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care, completed with support from both the employer and training provider, must also be completed before the Gateway to End Point Assessment (EPA).
You will develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours in:
- Understanding the job, main tasks and responsibilities
- The importance of having the right values and behaviours
- The importance of communication
- How to support individuals to remain safe from harm (Safeguarding)
- How to champion health and wellbeing for the individuals they support and work colleagues
- How to work professionally, including own professional development of those they support/work colleagues
The apprenticeship is delivered and assessed using a range of methods and activities using a hybrid model which can include live online sessions, assignments, projects, case studies, reports, work-product evidence, self-directed study, and interactive groupwork activities, in addition to observations within the workplace.
The apprenticeship at a glance
Duration: 24 months (18 months then end point assessment). This is based on employment of at least 30 hours per week.
Starts: Throughout the year.
Suitable for: Those wishing to move into a Lead Adult Care position.
Entry requirements: Working in an appropriate role, 18+.
“Off the job” element: All delivery sessions and workshops plus activities including, assignments, case studies, reflection, work-product evidence, tutorials, and group activities.
Support for students: Dedicated assessor for the duration of the programme.
Support for employers: UCQ account manager for the duration of programme with practical experience of business management and leadership
Eligibility: Individuals holding existing qualifications may join, providing they are not sector-related.
Assessment: There are no exams, successful completion of the apprenticeship is entirely based upon the following assessments:
- Knowledge – assignments; work-sheets
- Skills and Behaviours – Self-reflection, peer and line manager reviews, witness testimonies, assessor observations within the workplace, work-product evidence
- End-point assessment
If you have any questions you can contact UCQ by emailing: email@example.com
Title: Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship – Level 3
Duration: 18 months (24 months including End Point Assessment (EPA))
Lead Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
Accreditation: TQUK Level 3 Diploma in Care; Level 3 Apprenticeship
There are no opening or closing dates for applications as courses start throughout the year.
Location: Work-based learning (within the workplace).
Study format: Assessor sessions; supported self-directed study; tutorials; observations within the workplace; collation of work-product evidence and EPA preparation.
CLICK HERE FOR: