Essential Skills for Retail
This programme has been carefully designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours required for working in a Retail environment. Whether you are on the shop floor or in the store, this programme will develop the skills employers are looking for.
You will improve your understanding and skills in the following areas:
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Help customers choose products in a retail environment
- Deal with customers queries and complaints in a retail environment
- Process payments for purchases in a retail environment
- Reduce security risks in a retail environment
- Protect own and others health & safety when working in a retail environment
In addition to the Retail Skills you could also undertake an additional unit which will develop understanding and skills in the following areas:
- Transferring Good and Materials
Following your programme UCQ will support you in developing employability skills to help you progress into work or volunteering, providing advice and support in job search, application form and CV completion and interview preparation.
Join one of our programmes today to step into the Retail sector.
Please complete an enquiry form and a member of our engagement team will be in touch to get you started on the course.
Title: Essential Skills for Retail
Duration: 2 Weeks; 30 hours per week
plus an opportunity to add an additional week to support with working in Retail warehouse
Upon successful completion of the programme students will achieve an NCFE Level 2 Diploma in Retail Skills
EAL Level 2 Transferring Materials.
Transferable skills developed will include:
- Communication skills
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- Using technology
- Problem solving
- Personal motivation and organisation skills
- Team work
Start dates are flexible; students can enrol throughout the year and study at a time and place to suit their circumstances.
Each student will receive a dedicated tutor who will provide regular remote delivery supported by interactive study guides and assessment packs.
Study Format: Weekly 121 tutorials; remote group work activity and assessment; robust feedback and into work support.