Behaviour that Challenges
This qualification will develop your understanding of behaviour that challenges, including how behaviours can be assessed and the avoidance techniques that can help minimise the effects.
The course is available to all, although it is particularly interesting to parents and those wishing to work in education or health and social care settings.
During the course you will cover the following units:
Unit 1: Understand how to manage a situation when an individual is acting in a challenging manner
- Understand how their own actions can impact upon an individual who is exhibiting challenging behaviour
- Understand the consequences of challenging behaviour
- Understand how to manage behaviour that challenges during an incident.
Unit 2: Understand how to prepare to manage an incident of behaviour that challenges
- Understand how to prevent challenging behaviour through promotion of positive behaviour
- Understand the role of strategy in supporting individuals who demonstrate behaviour that challenges
- Understand the role of communication in supporting individuals who demonstrate behaviour that challenges
Unit 3: Understand how to recognise that an individual’s behaviour has the potential to intensify
- Understand key terms associated to behaviour that challenges
- Recognise challenging behaviour in others
- Understand why an individual may behave in a way that is challenging
Unit 4: Understand legislation and support relevant to behaviour that challenges
- Understand legislation relevant to behaviour that challenges
- Understand best practice relevant to behaviour that challenges
- Understand support available for individuals impacted by behaviour that challenges
Unit 5: Understand own role in providing support following an incident of challenging behaviour
- Understand how to encourage an individual to consider their own behaviour after a challenging incident
- Understand additional support available to those who exhibit challenging behaviour
In addition to the skills you will develop throughout your distance learning programme you will also develop a range of transferable skills including communication skills, time management and digital skills.
If you are seeking employment, UCQ can support you in developing employability skills to help you progression into work or volunteering, providing advice and support in job search, application form and CV completion and interview preparation.
Join one of our distance learning programmes today.
Want to study with us?
Complete a short enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch about distance learning programme.
Title: Behaviour that Challenges
Duration: Up to 10 weeks, however, flexible to meet individual need.
Upon successful completion of a programme, students will achieve the TQUK Level 2 qualification (603/2944/0)
Transferable skills developed will include:
- Communication skills
- Literacy skills
- Using technology
- Problem solving
- Personal motivation and organisation skills
Start date are flexible; students can enrol throughout the year and study at a time and place to suit their circumstances.
Each student will receive a dedicated tutor who will provide regular remote delivery supported by a paper-based or online/interactive study guide and assessment pack.
Study Format: Paper-based or online study pack/assessment; tutorials; work activity; assessment and robust feedback.
Ready to enrol?
Complete an application form now.