Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
This qualification will develop your understanding of bullying, including how to recognise that bullying is taking place and how to take action to stop it.
During the course you will cover the following units:
Unit 1: Principles of bullying
- Section 1: What is meant by bullying
- Section 2: Key features of what behaviour is considered bullying
- Section 3: What is meant by cyber bullying
- Section 4: Bullying in context
- Section 5: The short and long-term effects of bullying
- Section 6: Discrimination.
Unit 2: Recognising bullying in children and young people
- Section 1: Individuals who may be at risk of bullying
- Section 2: The signs that a child or young person may be being bullied
- Section 3: Why children or young people bully
Unit 3: Action to be taken when a child or young person is being bullied
- Section 1: How to support a child or young person who is being bullied
- Section 2: How to approach the potential bully.
Unit 4: Understand government guidelines for bullying
- Section 1: The Equality Act 2010
- Section 2: Government and Ofsted guidance on tackling bullying
- Section 3: Policies and procedures for bullying.
In addition to the skills you will develop throughout your distance learning programme you will also develop a range of transferable skills including communication skills, time management and digital skills.
If you are seeking employment, UCQ can support you in developing employability skills to help you progression into work or volunteering, providing advice and support in job search, application form and CV completion and interview preparation.
Join one of our distance learning programmes today.
Want to study with us?
Complete a short enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch about distance learning programme.
Title: Awareness of Bullying in Children and Young People
Duration: Up to 10 weeks, however, flexible to meet individual need.
Upon successful completion of a programme, students will achieve the TQUK Level 2 qualification
Transferable skills developed will include:
- Communication skills
- Literacy skills
- Using technology
- Problem solving
- Personal motivation and organisation skills
Start date are flexible; students can enrol throughout the year and study at a time and place to suit their circumstances.
Each student will receive a dedicated tutor who will provide regular remote delivery supported by interactive study guides and assessment packs.
Study Format: Tutorials; work activity; assessment and robust feedback.
Ready to enrol?
Complete an application form now.