Essential Construction Skills for Work
UCQ offer work-based training from Level 1 to Level 2.
We can work with you to develop a programme that meets the needs of your business and those of your employees, increasing productivity and cost effectiveness.
The following modules, content and knowledge development is available and can be combined accordingly to meet your training and development needs:
- Receiving incoming materials
- Moving/transferring materials within manufacturing
- Preparing for manufacturing operations
- Carrying out processing operations
- Producing products by processing
- Carrying out packaging operations
- Ensuring effective handover for manufacturing operations
- Controlling manufacturing operations
- Contributing to effective team working
- Using Standard Operating Procedures
- Health and Safety
- Statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- CSCS available if required
Delivery can include workshops, group activities/sessions, and directed study. All observations can be completed within the workplace while employees are on-the-job.
Training can start throughout the year and work around shift patterns and business commitments.
Throughout the programme you will be supported by your account manager, and trainees will be supported by a dedicated tutor.
Don’t delay in contacting UCQ today to see how we can work with you to develop the training packages for your organisation.
Please contact one of the business development team today to discuss all your business needs.
Title: Essential Construction Skills for Work
Duration: Flexible to meet the needs of the employer.
Upon successful completion of the programme students will achieve EAL Processing Manufacturing Operations qualifications and certification.
Transferable skills developed will include:
- Communication skills
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- Personal motivation and employability skills
- Problem solving
- Teamwork and collaboration
Start date are flexible and aimed to meet the needs of the business, employer and employees; enrolment can take place in the workplace, throughout the year.
Each employee will receive a dedicated tutor who will provide regular training and support; you will be guided with study guides and assessment packs. Assessment can be undertaken in the workplace.
Study Format: We operate a blended learning model, with sessions available in the workplace.
Deliver can be a combination of workshops, tool talks, group sessions, one-to-one sessions and self-directed study.
Format is flexible to meet the needs of the business, employer and employee. UCQ can work around shift patterns and business commitments.