With degree apprenticeships, you do not need to attend a conventional university and there are no exams; using the management theory and concepts which you learn, you are equally assessed against the resulting skills, knowledge and behaviours you apply and demonstrate when doing your everyday work…
An alternative approach to leadership and management development
Developed with employers, for their employees, degree apprenticeships are an innovative new form of work-based learning. They offer individuals an alternative way of achieving a degree than attending open, class-based degree programmes with a higher education provider. With degree apprenticeships, you do not need to attend a conventional university and there are no exams; using the management theory and concepts which you learn, you are equally assessed against the resulting skills, knowledge and behaviours you apply and demonstrate when doing your everyday work.
Fully fundable through your employer’s apprenticeship levy payment
Degree apprenticeships are fully fundable through your employer’s apprenticeship levy payments. If they have exhausted the funds in their apprenticeship service account, Government will contribute a minimum of 95% towards the cost of any further apprenticeship training which they may wish to carry out.
Available to smaller employers that don’t pay the apprenticeship levy
Smaller organisations that don’t pay the Levy can still register with the apprenticeship service and participate in this initiative, albeit with two primary limiting factors. The first limitation is that you will be required to “co-fund” any programmes you wish to run; currently (30.04.2021) government will contribute 95% towards the cost, and the employer the remaining 5% – an exception to this approach is where a large Levy paying employer agrees to transfer some of their unused funds (up to a maximum of 25%) to your organisation, in which case 100% of the cost can be covered. The second limitation for non levy paying employers, is that they can enrol up to a maximum of 10 learners to undertake approved programmes at any point in time.
Based around your job
Every aspect of a UCQ degree apprenticeship is directly relevant to and based around your job and our approach facilitates long-lasting applications of knowledge and skills. These will benefit you and your organisation through contextualising learning and assessment to your business’s demands, practices and ambitions. In other words, we work hard to understand your business and your role. We contextualise the programme to ensure it is directly relevant to you. This includes work-based assignments that offer the added benefit of driving your performance forward.
Employers gain engaged and qualified managers with proven skills, knowledge and behaviours. They will be more effective at their jobs, with the capacity to make much greater contributions to the business. Importantly, degree apprenticeships also include a focus on developing the behaviours and attributes that employers perceive important. This therefore gives you the fullest development experience in your professional development journey.