Essential Skills for Warehousing
A number of major retailers and distribution centres in the Tees Valley are currently recruiting for a range of warehousing positions and UCQ are working with referral organisations and students to provide the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours employers are looking for when recruiting to these positions.
Throughout the course you will improve your knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Effectively receiving and safely moving materials; carrying out packaging operations.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements of the work area for both yourself and others
- Understanding the use and importance of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understanding where you get the necessary information, instruction and support, as required.
- Understanding and following instructions
- Understanding and completing necessary documentation
- Understanding and following operating and quality procedures
- Use of appropriate tools and equipment
- Understanding of emergency procedures
- Understanding and following workplace reporting procedures
- Identifying possible problems and procedure for reporting.
In addition to the PMO units you will also undertake the Health & Safety Principles in the Workplace Level 1 qualification and develop a range of transferable skills including communication skills and time management and organisational skills.
Following your programme UCQ will support you in developing employability skills to help you progress into work or volunteering, providing advice and support in job search, application form and CV completion and interview preparation.
Join our programme today to take that next step.
Register your interest
Please complete an enquiry form and a member of our engagement team will be in touch to get you started on the course.
Title: Essential Skills for Warehousing
Duration: 2 Weeks; 35 hours per week
Upon successful completion of the programme students will achieve 3 x EAL PMO Level 1 qualifications in:
- Receiving Incoming Materials
- Moving Materials
- Carrying Out Packaging Operations
Plus – Health & Safety Principles in the Workplace Level 1
Transferable skills developed will include:
- Communication skills
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- Effectively following instructions
- Problem solving
- Personal motivation and organisational skills
- Time management
Multiple start dates are available.
Students will have a dedicated tutor delivering classroom sessions and receive individual support and guidance throughout. All training and assessment resources are provided.
Study Format: Daily classroom sessions, 121 tutorials; group work activity and assessment, robust feedback and into work support.