Essential Employability Skills
The units of this programme have been carefully selected to provide you with the necessary knowledge, skills and behaviours to help you gain employment.
At the start of the programme you will be allocated a dedicated Essential Work Skills Employment Coach who will guide you throughout each step.
During your course you will develop in the following areas:
- Understand how changing your mindset can improve your employment chances
- Understand what qualities employers are looking for in an employee
- Understand how your attitude to work impacts on work performance
- Understand the contents of job application forms and how to compile your personal information
- Understand how to effectively complete job application forms
- Understand how to prepare for interview
- Understand how to best present yourself at interview
- Undertake self-reflection to learn from experiences
- Understand how to form effective working relationships, adapting personal behaviour as required
- Understand how to resolve issues and achieve team goals
- Understand different problems at work and methods available to develop solutions to ensure they are resolved
In addition to the topics above you will also develop a range of transferable skills including communication skills and personal motivation and timekeeping skills.
Join today to step into employment.
Please complete an enquiry form and a member of our engagement team will be in touch to get you started on the course.
Title: Essential Employability Skills
Duration: 1 Weeks; 30 hours duration.
Course may also be delivered as part of other Essential Work Skills programmes to support you into work.
Upon successful completion of the programme students will achieve a range of NCFE Level 1 units in Employability Skills
Transferable skills developed will include:
- Communication skills
- Numeracy & literacy skills
- Use of Technology
- Problem solving
- Personal motivation and organisation skills
- Team work
Start date are flexible; students can enrol throughout the year and study at a time and place to suit their circumstances.
Each student will receive a dedicated employment coach/tutor who will provide regular remote delivery supported by interactive study guides and assessment packs.
Study Format: Weekly 121 tutorials; remote group work activity and assessment; robust feedback and into work support.