Essential Skills for Manufacturing
Develop your essential skills for working in manufacturing environments.
During this course you will develop knowledge and skills including:
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements ensuring the safe working of yourself and others
- Understanding the use and importance of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ensuring effective safety precautions with transferring, lifting and moving materials, with and without equipment
- Ensuring safe working practices during operations
- Working together effectively as a team
In addition to the above, you will also undertake the Highfield Level 1 qualification in Health & Safety Principles in the Workplace.
Costs: The course is fully funded (subject to location). There are no further costs required for resources, teaching, or assessment/exams.
Please complete an enquiry form and a member of our engagement team will be in touch to get you started on the course.
Title: Essential Skills for Manufacturing
Duration: 6 days classroom delivery
Upon successful completion and achievement of the programme students will achieve a range of certification including EAL qualifications covering:
- Level 1 Moving Materials
- Level 2 Effective Team Working
In addition to:
- Highfield Health and Safety Principles in the Workplace Level 1
Transferable skills developed throughout the programme include:
- Communication skills
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Effectively following instructions
- Personal motivation and organisational skills
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Multiple start dates available throughout the year.
Each student will receive a dedicated tutor who will provide in-centre classes, support with self-directed study and assessment preparation and support.
Study Format: In-centre sessions; support; study guides and assessment packs and into work support.