What the UCQ CMDA is all about
The UCQ CMDA is a three year programme which will develop your professional management capabilities within the context of your organisations business environment. Degree apprenticeships such as the CMDA, provide professional people with an alternative, work-based, route to studying for a degree; one which is funded through a payroll tax called the Apprenticeship Levy, rather than out of your own pocket. This is a win-win for you and the business. From a business case perspective, the essence of the UCQ CMDA can be summarised in just five words – engagement, retention and professional management performance.
The entire programme is delivered as a (Level 6) Degree Apprenticeship, with successful degree apprentices achieving the following qualifications, professional certification and accreditation:
- BA (Hons) Professional Management degree
- Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship certificate of completion
- CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership
- Chartered Manager status (CMgr MCMI)
At the heart of the UCQ CMDA programme is our BA (Hons) Professional Management degree; this enables you to develop the skills, knowledge, behaviours and understanding of the operational and strategic dimensions of professional management obtained through the work you carry out for your employer. The degree has 3 stages, each of approximately 12 months duration. Different to most universities, the UCQ CMDA is timetable around a 52-week business cycle, rather than a standard 30-week dual semester academic cycle; this enables completion in 3, rather than 4 years.
Upon successful completion of the BA (Hons) Professional Management degree, you will have achieved the following the five following learning outcomes:
- An in depth understanding of the main areas of professional management and the way these areas interrelate.
- Knowledge and understanding acquired through formal learning and applied to your organisation’s business environment.
- An ability to apply an independent approach to develop the skills required by a professional manager.
- Skills acquired and demonstrated through continuous professional development in your workplace.
- The ability to apply critical tools and techniques that enable the integration of theory and practice within any work environment.
An overview of the degree modules is shown in points 2, 3 and 4 below…